Saturday, June 11, 2016

A second whimsical look at a long list of personal questions

I came across this list of questions and answers today, something I had responded to on Facebook seven years ago when I was still living in California. It would seem that someone wouldn't change too much between the ages of 59 and 66, but I saw enough different answers that I thought it might be fun to do it again and compare.

So here goes:

FOODOLOGY

Q: What is your salad dressing of choice?
A: In 2009, Russian dressing. In 2016, probably Ranch dressing.

Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
A: In 2009, Dr. Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas Barbecue in Van Nuys. In 2016, Southern Pit Barbecue in Griffin, Ga.

Q: What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
A: Good lasagna, then and now.

Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
A: Ham and pineapple, then and now.

Q. What do you put on your toast?
A: Then and now, butter and jam.



TECHNOLOGY

Q: How many televisions are in your house?
A: In 2009, two. In 2016, three for just two people.


Q: What color cell phone do you have?
A: Then and now, gray and black. Although they are two very different phones.


Q: Do you have an Ipod?
A: In 2009, not exactly (I had a Microsoft Zune). In 2016, yes.



BIOLOGY 

Q: Are you right-handed or left-handed?
A: Left-handed, then and now.

Q: Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A: Still got my tonsils and appendix, but I've had teeth removed and am going to have more pulled next month.

Q: What is the last heavy item you lifted?
A: In 2009, a vacuum cleaner; the last couple of days, a box of books.

Q: Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A: Never been knocked out, but passed out once in 1979. i believe spirits were involved.



BULLOLOGY

Q: If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A: In 2009, only if it were a long way off; in 2016, it doesn't bother me as much -- as long as it's not something like "Tuesday."

Q: If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
A: In 2009, Leopold and Loeb. In 2016, I'm thinking Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Q: Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
A: In 2009, it's negotiable. In 2016, we're still arguing over price.

DUMBOLOGY

Q: How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
A: None. Never liked flip-flops, but I do have a pair of Huarache sandals.

Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A: In 2009, 40 years ago. I believe spirits were involved. In 2016, define run-in.

Q: Last person you talked to?
A: Pretty much always my wife Nicole.

Q: Last person you hugged?

A: Same answer, Nicole.



FAVORITOLOGY

Q: Season?
A: When I lived in places that had real seasons, autumn. Living in the South in these days of global warming, winter.


Q: Holiday?
A: Always used to be Christmas. Lately I don't know.

Q: Day of the week?

A: Friday when I was working, but now pretty much all days are the same.

CURRENTOLOGY

Q: Missing someone?
A: Between friends, relatives and loved ones, pretty much all the time.

Q: Mood?
A: I always liked to think of myself as laid back, but sometimes it slides over into depression.

Q: What are you listening to?
A: Back then, my table fan. Living here, the ceiling fan is quiet, so the sound is from the microwave.

Q: Watching?
A: In 2009, just finished watching "Tin Men." Right now, watching Cardinals at Nationals baseball.

Q: Worrying about?

A: In 2009, nothing much. This year, a lot of health stuff.


RANDOMOLOGY

Q: First place you went this morning?
A: In 2009, the kitchen. Today the bathroom.

Q: What's the last movie you saw?
A: In 2009, Tin Men. In 2016, Jersey Boys.

Q: Do you smile often?
A: Then and now, not all that often. But it's more of a dental thing than a lack of happiness.

Q: Sleeping alone tonight?
A: As a married senior citizen, nope.

OTHER-OLOGY

Q: Do you always answer your phone?

A: In 2009, always. In 2016 with caller ID, there are plenty I ignore.

Q: 4 o clock in the morning and you get a text. Who is it?

A: In 2009, I never got text messages. Now I do, but I can't imagine anything I want coming in at 4 a.m.
Q: If you could change your eye color, what would it be?
A: It's OK the way it is. If I had to change it, I'd pick green.

Q: What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?

A: In 2009, I didn't know what Sonic was. Now I guess I'd take a banana-flavored milkshake.

Q: Do you own a digital camera?

A: Got my first Nikon in 2009 and still have it. Also get great photos on my iPhone.

Q: Have you ever had a pet fish?
A: Yes, but long, long ago and of the gold variety.

Q: Favorite Christmas song(s)?
A: "O Holy Night" for a long time, but "Fairytale of New York" is in the picture now.

Q: What's on your wish list for your birthday?
A: It's been a long time since I've looked forward to birthdays, other than still being alive for them.

Q: Can you do push ups?
A: Yes, but at age 66 I can't do anywhere near the 50 or more I could do when I was 16.

Q: Can you do a chin up?
A: Yes, but not much more than one. I used to be able to do 11.

Q: Does the future make you more nervous or excited?

A: Nervous for me, excited for my kids.

Q: Do you have any saved texts?
A: Not that I can recall. I only started texting a year or two ago.

Q: Ever been in a car wreck?
A: Yeah, way too many. I really can't call myself a good driver. The worst one wasn't my fault, though. In December 1991, an 18-wheeler crushed my Pontiac Fiero on I-5 in Los Angeles. Luckily I was alone in my two-seater because the passenger side was squashed flat.

Q: Do you have an accent?
A: Not really. Closest thing is just that Midwestern anchorman twang.

Q: What is the last song to make you cry?
A: "Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate," Jackson Browne.

Q: Plans tonight?

A: Not really.

Q) Have you ever been given roses?
A: When I first answered this seven years ago, I said no. But I had forgotten one of the most bizarre occurrences in my life. In 1983 when I was working in Gastonia, N.C., someone -- I never knew who -- sent me dead black roses at work. I don't think it was a gift intended to make me happy.

Q) Current worry?
A) Most are health-related, my own and my lovely wife's.

Q) Current hate right now?
A) Hate is such a nasty word. I do hate the thought that Donald Trump might possibly be elected president.

Q) Met someone who changed your life?
A) Yep, met her, married her 51 days later and we're still together.

Q) What song represents you?
A) "Perhaps Love," by John Denver and Placido Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would Biden eliminate windows, abolish suburbs?

Well, so much for that. We absolutely can't elect Joe Biden president. He wants to abolish windows. And the suburbs, for goodness sa...