Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sometimes the great quotes aren't the famous ones

No. 14
It's always fun to remember the great quotes from our favorite movies. Some of those quotes become so well known to us that we throw them around a lot.

I picked these in response to a challenge on Facebook a few years back, and I took sort of a different twist. In most cases here, the quote I used is not the one everyone thinks of when they think of that particular movie.

It a secondary one that still resonates.

One great irony. One of the quotes -- No. 6, to be exact -- is one I can't remember the movie. Help me out of you can.

Anyway, here they are. I'll post the movies tomorrow.

1. I never did one thing right in my life, you know that? Not one. That takes skill.

2. Zero ... point ... zero.


3. I want to party with you, cowboy.

4. You dirt-eating piece of slime! You scum-sucking pig! You son of a motherless goat!

5. Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!

6. If you go any faster we're gonna travel back in time.

7. A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

8. Listen, no matter what she says to you, don't answer her back. There's a Confederate pistol in her lap under her shawl and she'll kill you quick as look at you.

9. She can't act. She can't sing. She can't dance. A triple threat.

10. I don't care how rich he is, as long as he has a yacht, his own private railroad car, and his own toothpaste.

11. We just don't recognize life's most significant moments while they're happening. Back then I thought, "Well, there'll be other days." I didn't realize that that was the only day.

12. Great game, Jimmy. I especially liked that move in the seventh inning when you scratched your balls for an hour.

13. Boss needs to be knocked on his ass every once in a while.

14. We should mate.

15. Don't worry about it. They always hire bums like me for jobs like this.

Go to it.


1 comment:

  1. The Last Boy Scout. great buddy film. #6. Way too many great lines.

    Good to see you're still kickin and writin. My son Charlie is now 13 years breaking in to Hollywood. A couple of small films; now pursuing ideas for Audible. Last year he had a dream job as a Copy Writer for Ticketmaster's website--he was forced to watch every possible football, basketball, and baseball game 'for the job'. Got paid overtime, and they paid for the Sunday Ticket, too.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete

Would Biden eliminate windows, abolish suburbs?

Well, so much for that. We absolutely can't elect Joe Biden president. He wants to abolish windows. And the suburbs, for goodness sa...