Thursday, August 6, 2015

A lot less time and a lot less aggravation in my personal future

I recently discovered the most useless possible way to spend my time and brainpower.

Posting opinions on Facebook.

Especially political ones.

I'm especially seeing that as we enter into another political campaign season. I try very hard to be civil to people on the other side, even though I have little or no use for the current state of conservatism in this country.

More and more, I'm finding that arguing politics is a complete waste of brain cells.

People who agree with me praise what I say, but I don't know anything I have posted that has changed anyone's mind.

So for at least a while, I'll check for news of family and friends and pictures of my adorable grandchildren, but when I see items like the one about guy who got caught porking a pig in his local Walmart, I'll stay away from them.

As for politics, count me out until at least January.

And maybe even past that. I certainly don't think the world is waiting with bated breath for whatever wisdom I might possess.

When I write something here, I'll post it the way I've been doing. But nothing is just for Facebook anymore.

Time wasted is time wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would Biden eliminate windows, abolish suburbs?

Well, so much for that. We absolutely can't elect Joe Biden president. He wants to abolish windows. And the suburbs, for goodness sa...